[MLB-WIRELESS] Updating Enterasys cards to Orinoco firmware 8.10

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Mon Aug 4 10:07:56 EST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, -|- Hurgh -|- wrote:

> Are you saying that using this firmware you can flash the avaya
> cards? cause i have 2 of them and i would like to flash them if
> possible.

This is standard station firmware, it should suit any of the Hermes
chipset based cards (Agere, Avaya, Cabletron/Entersys, some Compaq,
etc).

> I have the avaya gold cards. Are these cards able to use the Orinoco
> drivers?

With this firmware update, it should work with any of the drivers. I
used this update to flash my Cabletron card under Windows XP using the
latest Avaya generic drivers which support almsot all Hermes cards
(Avaya drivers available at
http://support.avaya.com/japple/css/japple?PAGE=avaya.css.DocList&temp.groupID=107534&temp.selectedFamily=107552&temp.selectedProduct=107632&temp.selectedBucket=108025
or ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/tsoweb/avayawireless/ .. sorry
for the long URL).

Chat soon

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----