[MLB-WIRELESS] 6metre 50mm galvanised pole

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Tue Apr 29 16:59:50 EST 2003

I have a 6.5m length of gal pipe, think it's 35mm outer diam, 32mm inner
diam, that cost me in the order of $50 from Robot Trading. I've bolted
the full 6.5m length onto a wide double-bricked chimney with two
dynabolted pipe clamps ~1m apart. It's withstood 120kmh winds without
guys, hasn't been hit by lightning despite a couple of close strikes
(gotta thank those Catholics for their well-grounded steeples on the
highest hill in just about every suburb - there is a use for organised
religeon after all) and delivered many happy packets across innernorth's
rapidly expanding network. Some (me looks at vak) have expressed their
doubts about the mast's ability to stay upright without guys. It sways a
bit, but hasn't fallen over yet. Pic at
<http://wireless.bur.st/setup2.jpg>
- Barry

--