[MLB-WIRELESS] Network Structure - Was Re: Anyone know these people?

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at igreen.net
Fri Apr 25 11:44:57 EST 2003

I've already tried to take the reigns of RGOuterEastern&Foothills to try and
get things moving here.
I've basically nominated 3 types of nodes people can choose to be.

1) A leaf node hanging off an AP that comes and goes when it wishes.
2) A backbone node with 2 or 3 directional links willing to have these
running 24/7. (can't really do more than 3 directional links from 1 physical
location due to channel spacing)
3) An AP node for leaf nodes to hang off. This person should also be willing
to run at least 1 directional link into the backbone. They should of course
be willing to run their setup 24/7.

At this stage the majority of people I'm working with are going to be type
2) Backbone nodes.  We have several systems setup with multiple wireless
cards which will use directional antennas.  Some of these nodes may run AP's
also preferably with 180degree antennas to cover specific areas that only
they can cover.  These will be aligned so as not to overlap and can only be
run at nodes with 2 directional links.  As you can see each location can
really only have a maximum of 3 wireless devices in total, so 2 backbones
and an AP, or 3 backbones, or 1 backbone and 2 AP's (weird?).