[MLB-WIRELESS] Apache

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 24 10:56:07 EST 2003

Ey Matt,
There's still performance issues with v2. The latest survey at Netcraft
(http://www.netcraft.com) shows just over 1 per cent of *nix web servers
are running v2 compared with more than 98 per cent on v1. Strangely
enough, more than 7 per cent of Microsoft systems are running Apache v2
(including me. Meh, it works OK and I didn't want to run IIS on it). I
tried v2 under Debian for a short while and ran into big problems with
php, so rolled back. I'm running 1.3.27 and can describe the
relationship as long-term stable and loving.
- Barry

--
barry park
melbourne wireless node bca http://melbourne.wireless.org.au