[MLB-WIRELESS] ga-586atv motherboard

Hindle, Dallas Dallas.Hindle at BHPBilliton.com
Wed Apr 23 11:17:13 EST 2003

I'd wipe the CMOS with the jumper setting to see if that helps first.

Dallas

-----Original Message-----
From: Lincoln Smith [mailto:dagdamor at optushome.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 April 2003 10:20 AM
To: MelbWireless
Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] ga-586atv motherboard

I have an old Gigabyte (586-atv) motherboard that has gone to sleep and won't wake up.  My sister (whose computer it is) said it went into power saving mode but now it won't wake up.  It doesn't even boot.  Fans start spinning, Power and Turbo LEDs come on but nothing happens.  This happened once before and it booted after a couple of tries but no joy this time.

Anyone have any ideas? (i tested all the other components and they are fine...mebe the mobo needs replacing?)

Cheers
Lincoln Smith
dagdamor at optushome.com.au <mailto:dagdamor at optushome.com.au>

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.