[MLB-WIRELESS] wow

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Wed Apr 16 17:21:12 EST 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:06 pm, Chris Samuel wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 Apr 2003 3:15 pm, rik wrote:
> > did anyone else just get spamporn?
>
> That's what happens when lists are open to anyone to post.
> Best practice is to restrict postings to subscribers - or pipe everything
> through SpamAssassin if that's not acceptable (my copy happily canned it
> for me into a box I check occasionally for false positives).

I am happy for a spam filter to be implemented - but at the moment I think we
have had 3? spams total for the list in the year I have been on the list????
Not too bad, me thinks (since I get about 10 a day on my home account)
Mind you, some of the lists I am on have huge rambling off topic discussions
about all manner of things...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
It's a book. Non-volatile storage media. Everyone should have one.