[MLB-WIRELESS] Ap's connecting to Aps

bchild at wireless.org.au bchild at wireless.org.au
Tue Apr 15 10:32:08 EST 2003

> My friend has an ap, set up in ap mode, and he has another person
> conneccted to it, via a wireless card and antenna.
> I want to know, is there any way i can connect to this ap by using an ap
> of my own or do i need a wireless card to connect to him.

You can run another AP, just not in AP mode, use ap-client mode, 900 &
900+'s do this from what I remember, or the simple method of a card and
antenna would do the trick as well.

> Ive heard of ap-client, ap and bridging mode, but not sure if any apply.
Ap-client for ap-ap with a client connect in the middle somewhere on 1 end.
Bridge mode is only between AP's no client can connect.

Regards Glen
(Nodes AAC,FTA)