[MLB-WIRELESS] DWL900AP+, network DHCP query

Michael Carey mcarey4 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 10 20:19:22 EST 2003

Hi Everybody,
Greetings from beautiful South Australia.
A quick question.......I am messing with wireless, specifically a DWL900AP+
which I have plugged into my home network.  I use a SnapGear Pro+ for ADSL,
VPN, DHCP etc. I have configured the AP with a static IP on my network and
my lappy with a Lucent PC card can get a nice strong signal.
Should my laptop PC card get an IP from the SnapGear router's DHCP server
via the 900AP+??  At the moment it doesn't, which confuses me a little.  I
have the AP's DHCP server turned off.  I thought the access point would
appear "transparent" to the network, ie the wireless side and the wired side
are as one...DHCP should work, right??
Any ideas, comments??
Regards,
Michael.