[MLB-WIRELESS] DWL-900AP Bridge mode and Firmware

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Thu Apr 10 10:15:16 EST 2003

> In light of all the agro my friend has been having with the
> very flaky
> bridge mode in his DWL-900AP, would the firmware upgrade from
> this site:
>
> http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/Wap11Hack
>
> fix the problem?  Has anyone tried to install the DLink USA version of
the
> firmware?

Hey All,

On this note, it's probably best to be careful when flashing with
different brands of firmware on supposedly 'equivilent' types of APs
(such as the ATMEL ones listed above).

I've been fooling with the SVEC APs, which are based on the same chipset
again, and can largely use the same software, however, I have found that
just because they're _almost_ the same, doesn't mean you can treat them
as exactly the same. Check out my findings here (I recommend anyone with
an SVEC particularly read it):

http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/wiki/?SVECWLAP

	Fenn.

PS: Thanks to Jamie Moir for providing the AP 'for the good of the
cause'.