[MLB-WIRELESS] SVEC vs D-Link

Jamie Moir jmoir at jmcs.net.au
Fri Apr 4 11:53:44 EST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Fenn Bailey wrote:

> I too am interested in this. I know they're the same basic chipset, but
> a few interesting questions spring to mind:
>  - 1) Are the radios the same (in terms of receive sense/etc)?

Id be surprised if they arent.

>  - 2) Does the 100mW hack work?

I had a look at this, but I can't get the original firmware to flash it
back (svec wont send it to me), so I didnt proceed.

>  - 3) Can you flash them with DLink firmware?

Id be surprised if you couldnt.

> After all these bulk buys for them going through (one of them had 60
> sold!), surely someone should be able to answer this :)

It had 60 /orders/, this TIB buy coincided with the unannounced model
change by SVEC where they dropped off the external antenhna connectors. If
my 20 odd orders were anything to go by, I had at least 70% cancellations
over that, although I did get some back when I offered them modded.

Id consider sending a unit to someone to try the 100mW hack, someone who
has successfully done it before perhaps, but I had absolutely zero
response to my last inquiry about them here so I dont hold out much hope.

Regards,

Jamie