[MLB-WIRELESS] Mandrake 9.0

Andrew Griffiths andrewg at d2.net.au
Wed Apr 2 03:09:40 EST 2003

Alex Musgrove wrote:
> Hey, I'm new to Linux....
> ok, that's out of the way.
>
> I bought a ricoh cradle, and have a roamabout card.
> I'm running mandrake 9.0...
> how do I get that little fella running?  or just detected?
> btw, if this is inappropriate for this newsgroup tell me

The linux kernel should detect the ricoh cradle as a pci<>pcmcia bridge,
probably all you need to tell mandrake is that the hard ware is there,
or what modules to load.

You'll need to install software like pcmcia-cs and wireless_tools
(should be on your cd's), via whatever method mandrake gives you.

After thats done, it should be working. I don't know if mandrake
supplies any gui configuration tools. If not, /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts
or so should be the file you are looking for ;)

Thanks,
Andrew Griffiths

> thx in advance
>     Alex

Attention: Public floggings will continue until morale improves.

MidWay_/#melb-wireless licks txrxafk while his defenses are down.
<MidWay_> Oh boy. That could have been taken out of context.