[MLB-WIRELESS] Orinoco eth0 to wlan0

Vincent Chin nukiez at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 28 22:02:54 EST 2002

Hello folks,
    I have been wondering how do I 'rename' my ethX to wlanX. As you can see
from my 'dmesg' orinoco driver assigns an ethX type to my card. Is it
possible to change it anywhere or do I have to hack those .c and .h files?

Anyone knows what's wrong with these Tx errors?
ethX: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01E3)

Yeah I know version 0.09b is abit old, it came with RedHat7.3, well it works
all right.

Regards,
Vince.

hermes.c: 16 Jan 2002 David Gibson <hermes at gibson.dropbear.id.au>
orinoco.c 0.09b (David Gibson <hermes at gibson.dropbear.id.au> and others)
orinoco_cs.c 0.09b (David Gibson <hermes at gibson.dropbear.id.au> and others)
ethX: Station identity 00xx:00xx:00xx:00xx
ethX: Looks like a Lucent/Agere firmware version 8.10
ethX: Ad-hoc demo mode supported
ethX: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
ethX: WEP supported, 104-bit key
ethX: MAC address 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
ethX: Station name "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
ethX: ready
ethX: index 0x01: Vcc 5.0, irq 11, io 0x0100-0x013f
ethX: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01E3)