[MLB-WIRELESS] Belkin and Enterasys card interop?

Michael Weinbergs michael at online-admin.net.au
Wed Sep 25 18:45:21 EST 2002

Howdy all,

I have just received my new cards (Thanks Vaskos) - and got them to play Ok
- Notebook to Notebook.. (win2k and 98)

Now, I want to plug one into a PCI bus so I can get some REAL work done.
I purchased a Belkin card from Dick Smith @ $80... but I was just reading on
Belkins FAQ that these cards will *not* work with any "other" (aka
Enterasys) cards...
Is this marketing hype - or has someone actually got this to work??
The way I see it - it is only a pcmcia card adapter - there should be
nothing wrong with the interop.

So... has anyone done this yet? or do I have to take this Belkin card back
and get a different type from somewhere.

Interestingly, I put the Belkin/Enterasys card into my Win2KAS server and,
it recognised that the card is actually a "network card" (it even assigned
interrupts etc for it!) - however, the drivers that come from Enterasys do
*NOT* support Windows NT Advanced Server (works fine in my Windows 2000
Professional notebook) so I couldn't tell if this was the Enterasys card
saying this or something in the Belkin card.
I am guessing that there would not be too many people running Win2kAS with a
wireless card in it... (although this is *exactly* what I want to do!) I may
have to put it into my Linux 2.4.18 host... (which is fine too)

Going by the NT results... I am guessing that it will actually work... but
before I expend TOO MUCH time on it - I thought I should ask.

PS: If you have W2KNTAS drivers... please point me in the right direction
:o)

Regards,
Michael Weinbergs
Online-Admin
Melbourne, Australia
michael at online-admin.net.au
www.online-admin.net.au
As Online-Admin operate a paperless office, all documents are provided in
electronic form in accordance to our business practice. If you require a
paper version of this document, please contact helpdesk at online-admin.net.au
who will be more than happy to assist.

This e-mail may be signed for security reasons with a certificate provided
by Thawte Consulting. Please contact them for more information about their
"freemail" certificates.