[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Here comes the pain...

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Sat Sep 21 19:37:38 EST 2002

OK, let's try and be realistic for a moment. At most the Starbucks and
McDonald's, Hudsons and Mary Martins of the world will probably do is to
put a 2dBi/30mW commercial AP - we're not talking high-end gear like
Cisco here - on the end of a dial-up account, pay 18 cents a meg and
charge the customer 30 cents a meg. It's not as though they'll be
pushing out packets at DSL speeds. After all, they have to make money
off it.
Alston says innovation. I say white noise.
- Barry

--
barry park
http://wireless.bur.st/ ||| community wireless project