[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [mesh] Transfer Rates

Peter Board p_board at tpg.com.au
Thu Sep 19 21:28:03 EST 2002

I did a bit more testing the other night.

On my local Windows Access point, I can get up to 260 kilobytes/sec transfer rate from my laptop with a wireless card through the AP to the wireless card that acts as a client on the linux router. Client -> AP -> Client - 260Kbytes/sec. Both of the client cards were in range of each other.

My thoughts are that because I didn't have the hidden node problem, both clients could hear each other, the transfer rate was higher. The other links to this local Access Point which are 400m links (two of them) only achieve around 75kilobytes/sec. They both have LOS. They have to route their traffic through the Wireless Card on the linux router (as previously mentioned), but in theory they should be able to do the 260 KB/sec I can with my laptop.

Any idea's on how to speed the transfer rates up?

Just thought I would share my findings.

Cheers,

Peter