[MLB-WIRELESS] Connecting nodes/clusters and expanding the m esh via Internet tunnels.

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Mon Sep 9 15:53:33 EST 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 03:08:14PM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
> Several people of my acquaintance who use ISDN Home / DOV have discovered
> some 'very' nasty surprises in their latest phone bill.
>
> As far as I can tell at this point, it was most probably caused by incorrect
> configuration, rather than our comrades at Tel$tra putting the brake on DOV,
> but thats not much consolation when one month of ISDN Home cost over $1100
> !!!

If you misconfigure it and make data rather than DOV calls, then yeah, it
hurts. The best way to avoid this is configure the answering end to reject
data calls.

Provided you configure it right, it is the best value PTP connection
currently available.

ABO: finger abo at minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key