[MLB-WIRELESS] Telstra selloff question

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Mon Sep 9 15:14:17 EST 2002

Hello Paul,

There is 1 other option...

retain the infrastructure by govt... and the flog off a useless
company...

then have a much fairer access scheme to the copper by resellers and a
better deployment for all australians and then we might actually
progress into the world on top of things, instead of 10 years
behind...

NZ was running DSL in 95/96...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...

PvdB> Hi all,
PvdB> we all love to hate telstra but as has been recently been commented the
PvdB> only reason to do business with them is that the chance of getting
PvdB> something fixed by a reseller is diminishingly low (or words to that
PvdB> effect - not my comment, but it illustrates my interest).
PvdB> Now at the threat of starting a flame war, I am interested in who here
PvdB> thinks privatising telstra is a good idea.

PvdB> Note:  I don't really want reasons.  I can think of and have heard
PvdB> plenty on both sides that I aggree or disaggree with.

PvdB> Q. 1 should we (the Govt) sell off the remaining 51%?
PvdB> Q. 2 should we (the Govt) buy back the 49% that has been sold?

PvdB> answers can come direct to me at paul at serc.rmit.edu.au  I'll post stats
PvdB> back later.  since this address will stop working friday, don't bother
PvdB> after Thursday...

PvdB> for the record I vote
PvdB> 1) No
PvdB> 2) Yes