[MLB-WIRELESS] Connecting nodes/clusters and expanding the mesh via Internet tunnels.

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Mon Sep 9 11:08:59 EST 2002

Hi Evil...

this is what I figured...  they will charge appropriately.

OK, so if I grab a length of copper wire and pass it over the back
fence, can me and my mate connect our ADSL modems together?  or is the
bit at the exchange required to handle the setup handshake (i.e. is the
handshake asymetric too?)  as far as I can see, the echange is required
to do routing of the P2P connection because it enteres a network domain
(ATM/FR).  if there is only a direct connection could you run PPP over
DSL? (or whqatever equiv. was required.

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC, RMIT University