[MLB-WIRELESS] Connecting nodes/clusters and expanding the mesh via Internet tunnels.

Carl Johnston cjohnston at biziworks.com.au
Mon Sep 9 10:37:19 EST 2002

Paul,

You can - DSL doesn't "Dial" like a modem does, it's more like an
ethernet bridge where it will simply connect to what's at the other end
of the line.  You can get dedicated copper connections (that xDSL will
work on) from telstra, I think that they're called PAPL (most commonly
used for older security systems), no idea what the line rental would be.
You also need to be on the same exchange (as DSL doesn't go down fiber).

Cheers,

Carl