[MLB-WIRELESS] Connecting nodes/clusters and expanding the mesh via Internet tunnels.

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Mon Sep 9 10:09:10 EST 2002

I am largely unfamiliar with ADSL modems etc. but I am certainly aware
of modem links P2P (aka apana???)  that is another option surely... we
have inet over telephones (and cables) + telephony to chose from.  can
you do ADSL modem to ADSL modem connections? over the phone lines...?

Toliman wrote:

> At 05:09 PM 7/09/2002, kase wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 04:25:50PM +1000, Matt wrote:
>> > I think iinet offers free local as well.
>>
>> It does indeed.  It also offers speed throtoling when you
>> go over your monthly Mb limit (rather than charging you
>> $$$ untill you realise :-)
>>
>> kase (gettin iiNet next week :-)
>

> i'll also be joining iiNet next week give or take the application
> delay of approving DSL. my ADSL modem is in the mail :))
>
> i'm going to enjoy the bliinkenlights of broadband.
>
> Toliman.
>
>> --
>> Hayden (kase) Oberin, kase at vurt.net, City App.Sci Helpdesk Staff
>> Studying: 4th Year Double Degree Student, RMIT University (CY)
>> B.Eng(Communication Engineering) & B.App.Sc(Computer Science)
>> Student: 9900233X, SMS: 0421 224 228 | ICQ: 4800616 | goofey: kase
>> --

Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC, RMIT University
paul at serc.rmit.edu.au