[MLB-WIRELESS] What about?? Was.. RE: Free access to Uni networks?

Radio Tech radio at dodo.com.au
Fri Sep 6 13:56:57 EST 2002

At 12:05 PM 9/6/02 +1000, evilbunny wrote:
>Hello KevinL,
>
>WEP is a 2 dollar lock, for all it's faults, how many people here
>would seriously think that they have anything so special someone will
>spend weeks trying to crack it?
>
>Yes it's flawed, but it takes considerable amounts of time to break
>it...

I have a customer in Melbourne, who has installed $100,000 worth of
Access Points and associated infrastructure and they will NOT turn it
on, UNTIL the company IT wizards can guarantee security, the system has been
installed for 9 months with Cisco AP's.
I am hooking an Industrial Process Monitoring system to it all.
Yes, these guys have been reading recent media articles on Wireless
Hacking......the article in the Herald Sun was presented at our Project
Engineers meeting......security is the word :-)

Jack
Rockhampton.