[MLB-WIRELESS] Swinburne's Wireless Network

Cameron McCormack clm at csse.monash.edu.au
Fri Sep 6 00:33:30 EST 2002

Joe Hovel:
> Monash University has much the same setup and rolling it out....
> http://www.its.monash.edu.au/networks/wireless/
> Today, I downloaded a VPN client from
> http://www.certicom.com/products/movian/movianvpn.html
> for my PocketPC (Toshiba e740 with WiFi) to try it out tomorrow...

Currently (at Clayton at least) the only place it's rolled out is the
Matheson library, and I'm never really there.  I reckon a great place
for it would be the cafes in the campus centre and the FIT labs (bldg
19).

I recently bought a Symbol CF 802.11b card for my iPAQ running Linux.
Monash only support Cisco's client which, although it comes in a Linux
flavour, is compiled for x86, which isn't any good for my ARM based
iPAQ.

I think I need to use FreeS/WAN to get the VPN connection happening, but
I really don't know what I need to put in my config file to get it
working.  Apparently, there exist two ways of connecting to the VPN -- a
username and password combination, or a digital certificate.

Has anyone connected to the Monash VPN with FreeS/WAN and knows the
settings I have to use?

Thanks,

Cameron

--