[MLB-WIRELESS] Solar powered Wireless repeater?

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Tue Sep 3 14:36:59 EST 2002

Joe said:

>I'm thinking: Access point with two cards and two antennas, running of
batteries....

I believe this came up quite some time ago.
I think the main issues stopping people making them were with the size of
the batteries that would be needed and also the amount of sun that would be
required to recharge them.
One of the final messages from memory was a comparison with the total cost
of solar vs a standard power point.  It doesn't help if the AP is in a
remote area however.

Check the mailing list archives. Which, for the life of me I can't seem to
find the link for on the melbourne.wireless.org.au pages *scratches head*.
I swear it used to be on there somewhere!

"Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?"

Lucas