[MLB-WIRELESS] Installfest/field day - making order from chaos

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Sun Oct 27 11:59:29 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 09:58, Tony Langdon, VK3JED wrote:
> Well, is there a footy oval or similar open space nearby that we can
> use?  If so, we could have an antenna "shootout" - see what relative gain
> different antennas have.  Perhaps setup some OSPF and VoIP and have a large
> chat room - see how far we can push it with strategically placed nodes. :)

Soz Tony, but this sounds to me as though you said: "Yes, if there's
space, Tony will organise, coordinate and run a few trials." There is
space, and you're it :) After lunch is the best time.

> We should look at promoting ourselves to groups such as LUV and
> MLUG.  There is a lot of overlap in the interests of each group.  I can't
> make any specific commitments yet, but I should be able to help out somewhere.

K, any more volunteers? Say prepare a half-hour talk with question time
to follow?

--
barry park
http://wireless.bur.st/ ||| community wireless project