[MLB-WIRELESS] Cards hanging machine

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Mon Oct 21 13:29:22 EST 2002

G'day Stewart,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 12:42:15PM +1000, Stewart Park wrote:

> My problem is at the moment, that the WL200 works in W2k, but hangs
> Debian.  If I put in the Ricoh, it works in Debian but hangs W2k.  Now,
> I don't want to keep on opening up my case each time I change operating
> systems.  Has anybody had any experience either getting a WL200 working
> under Debian or a Ricoh working under W2k?

I've also hit exactly the same problem.  I also remember finding
a description of the issues and the solution, but I can't
seem to find the relevant page right now.  I do remember the
solution, though.  :)

On the 7th of Feb, 2002, a patch was entered into the linux
kernel with the description "fix orinoco wireless system-freeze
problem".  I believe that patch is now in 2.4.19-rc2 and
above.  (2.4.19 is released now, so it obviously has the fix.)

Unfortunately I've been a little busy and haven't had a chance
to test the fix with my own setup.  I do remember a few reports
saying that it has certainly helped.

All the best,

	Paul

--