[MLB-WIRELESS] Deni - Play on the Plains/utemuster, anyone going?

David Marsh nodetooth at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:26:39 EST 2002

Hi everyone...

This weekend, I'm going to something called "Deni Play on the Plains
Festival" at Deniliquin in western NSW.  It holds the record for the largest
gathering of utes in the world (yes, I am a mad ute driver! ;-)

Anyway, the area around Deni is said to be one of the largest and flattest
natural plains on earth... So of course I'm thinking if any of you guys are
going, it would be great for some wireless tests.  I was down there last
year, and you don't have to get that high up to see a fair distance... of
course this is testing in pretty ideal conditions (no obstructions just an
occasional half-dead tree, virtually no 2.4 gHz phones/etc and other RF
interference) so it wouldn't relate back to sydney/melbourne, more just a
fun thing to try if you're coming anyway.

oh, they are going to have hot air balloons, so if you want to try your hand
at war-ballooning.. come along ;-)  you probably won't get any APs due there
being none in the area, but it's the spirit that counts ;-)

The website for more info is http://www.utemuster.info

-dave marsh