[MLB-WIRELESS] NodeFXS (North Fitzroy/East Brunswick) is up

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
Sat Nov 30 13:56:25 EST 2002

Folks,

Yet another node comes alive thanks to the hard efforts of Simon (NodeFMP)
and Ben I'm all installed now.

I've got a 10dBi Omni on the TV mast (about 9m from the ground) and a Dlink
900AP mounted on the pole.

In the site survey I can see quite a bit.....

SSID             BSSID           RSSI       Link Quality    Channel     WEP
Type            Preamble
lukestars        0002B386DDA2    32%        42%             10          Yes
Infrastructure  Long
1122             00409630C62C    2%         52%             6           No
Infrastructure  Long
a0.2             000625542402    37%        67%             9           Yes
Infrastructure  Long
2324aa           004096298d19    10%        82%             10          No
Infrastructure  Long

Man, that is a few APs from the one antenna!

I know a0.2 is Alphalink, anyone else care to identify the other APs?

(Simon, I'll get in touch to test things out sometime over the weekend).

Cheers,
Tom

ps. NodeFPU guys, I might drop by tomorrow, give you a hand and see if we
can see my place with some binoculars (I'm on the rise just west of Merri
Creek, just south of Glenlyon Rd.

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
http://www.wiresncode.com/projects