[MLB-WIRELESS] mast installation, node FPU Sunday

Dave Fregon axxs at axxs.org
Fri Nov 29 14:30:31 EST 2002

Well, we got 6m of mast, guy fittings and 90m guy wire from radioparts
as per innner-north mailing list help and advice.

NodeFPU on Sunday is having a mast raising day, all welcome to help out
and play with the view as well as help throw up the mast if so inclined.
There's a clear view out over coburg, so if your wanting to do some
tests NodeFPU may be just the place to do so.

Anyone with some simple tools such as drills and jig-saw/tin-snips
(organising them myself but backup would be appreciated in case of
problems) and odds and ends that might be needed would be appreciated as
well, we are quite low on tool type things, and hoping to get a lot
before Sunday. any backup would be great.

Node FPU has been put together by friends for a community node, as an
example to other non-profits and community oriented groups as to the
viability of wireless, and if a few blokes on the dole can get something
underway, so can you. We plan to increase services from firstly some
game servers, mp3 archive of local and international _free_ music and
also www information to start with.

Located in Eastment St, Northcote, right next to the Town Hall parallel
to High St, it's the big Pink warehouse. First warehouse on the left
heading north from the Town Hall.

Kret and Bren are the house contacts. I'll probably be there around
10-11am and things will be underway by 12.

More information email axxs at axxs.org or phone 9833 4687

I understand it's short notice for those interested, but we're dying to
get our mast up and things running! ;)

Dave