[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS and Locfinder

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Fri Nov 29 12:29:47 EST 2002

Hello Tony,

TL> We're a technical bunch, surely at least ONE person in a local cluster will
TL> run an internal DNS server.  Anyone who connects to me gets the ability to
TL> query my DNS servers. :-)

Doesn't take away from those getting DNS server addresses from DHCP
requests on cable/DSL connections... and that is where the stumbling
block is...

TL> Well, ipv6.vkradio.com is still very small, but it's going to grow, and it
TL> has both forward and reverse lookups (just been debugging the reverse
TL> delegation earlier).

Another can of worms... problem is DNS is hierarchical in nature,
meaning they will more then likely look at Telstra, Optus, iiNet, etc
before any internal one...

It's going to be very difficult for this information to be propagated,
especially if their name servers exist outside the wireless network,
which will be the case, and only more so in future...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com