[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS and Locfinder

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Fri Nov 29 12:24:50 EST 2002

> My point was that DNS servers don't round robin if it can't find a
> record on the DNS server, what people are thinking is everyone will
> run a DNS server or a caching server when in fact a lot of people may
> not, so they would be excluded from an internal DNS server, or the
> external, and I'd like to see you try and tell joe bloggs to use the
> internal DNS server and that you can't lookup google.com any more :)

We're a technical bunch, surely at least ONE person in a local cluster will
run an internal DNS server.  Anyone who connects to me gets the ability to
query my DNS servers. :-)

> in any case my servers will be using *.evilbunny.org :)
>
> o wait they already are *grin* mind you majority of the delegations so
> far is only IPv6, but still...

Well, ipv6.vkradio.com is still very small, but it's going to grow, and it
has both forward and reverse lookups (just been debugging the reverse
delegation earlier).

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain