[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: DWL-900AP and Linux

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu Nov 28 14:52:25 EST 2002

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Bob Edwards wrote:

> So, does anyone know how to configure (either in software, or with a
> soldering iron) the DWL-900AP+ to disable the internal diversity
> antenna, and direct all it's effort into the external one? I want to
> attach a patch antenna and I don't want any signal leaking back
> behind the unit, nor any interference from other wireless sources.

If you login to the AP and go to the page weca.htm, you can set the
antenna there. Otherwise, dismantle the AP and add de-solder the
internal antenna, and add a 50 Ohm surface mount resister. That should
work.

> On the Aironet/Cisco cards you can usually configure the card to use
> only one or the other antenna connector. The DWL-900AP+ web based
> GUI doesn't have such an option, so should I just unsolder it, or
> can I be a little smarter about it?

The weca.htm page should allow you to do it.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----