[MLB-WIRELESS] Getting the WL200 working under FreeBSD

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Thu Nov 28 13:40:40 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:19 pm, Matt Pearce wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a bit of a note on getting a Compaq WL200 working with FreeBSD ( I can
> only speak for version 4.7 here as thats what version I have, but if people
> with other versions would also like to check and post to the list it would
> be great).  If you want to get this card working you will have to modify
> the /etc/defaults/pccard.conf file.  When you find where is has the WL200
> listed you will note that is says :-
>
> "Compaq" "Compaq_WL200_11Mbps_Wireless_PCI_Card"
>
> instead of saying :-
>
> "Compaq" "WL200_11Mbps_Wireless_PCI_Card"
>
> Hope this helps someone

Actually, wouldn't you be better off putting this in (new file)
/etc/pccard.conf
???

alternatively, submit it as a change to the maintainer of the
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf (how I don't know but I am sure freebsd.org has
info on this....

BTW, how did you find this out?

> Matt.

Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
caia.swin.edu.au
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?