[MLB-WIRELESS] Access Point in a box

Michael Carey mcarey4 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 28 13:04:22 EST 2002

Hi there,
I am toying with the idea of moving my newly acquired DWL900AP+ into a nice fibreglass electrical enclosure and putting it up my TV antenna mast.  My main concern is heat.  I can imagine that the inside of the box can get quite hot even on a slightly sunny day.  How do you all find this? (those that have this type of arrangement). The last thing I want is my AP dying from heat exhaustion!!
I had two ideas to combat the problem, first is to pump cool air from inside the house, up 20mm flexible conduit, circulate it in the box then out through a vent in the bottom.
Second, and much more technical, is to use a Peltier semiconductor heat pump to basically turn the box into a mini fridge.  This would require a separate power cable as they draw more current than could be supplied via PoE.
Any thoughts??
Michael.
VK5ZEA.