[MLB-WIRELESS] thanks for a simply brilliant article...

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Thu Nov 28 12:44:44 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:25 pm, Tony Langdon wrote:
> > Super big thanks to Matt Peirce for pointing me to this article ...
> >
> > http://www.samag.com/documents/s=7121/sam0205a/sam0205a.htm
> >
> > It has by far been the most usefull article I have come
> > across and seems to
> > have answers to all the problems I have been talking about
> > over the last few
> > weeks.  I highly recommend BSD'er read it...

One thing I would say, having just messed around with the settings on one box
so far is try adjusting the pccardmem value first

as root, do
pccardc pccardmem 0xd0000
pccardc power 0 0
pccardc power 0 1
and repeat with 0xd4000, 0xd8000, 0xdc000

if that works edit /etc/rc.conf and add pccard_mem="0xdN000"
 if that doesn't work then try the above /boot/loader.conf hack
anyone know where to get info on the meaning of hw.pcic.? tunables???

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?