Meanwhile ... Was: Re: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] locfinder v2 beta

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Tue Nov 26 12:01:46 EST 2002

> Node FZJ was able to make a link to node BCA last night (confirmed by
> the server logs) via node BHH. It's a distance of about 2.03km from
> FZJ-BCA, but via Vak it's about 2.33km. Next step is the jump to
> Fitzroy/Thornbury/Northcote.

Now this is the sort of stuff I like to see on the list! If you can get
out to fitzroy, I may have access to a 20-something story apartment in
South melbourne (possibly two), which, with one more conveniently placed
hop, would hopefully allow us to link North -> Central -> South
melbourne together.

This is when it starts getting worth while for other people to put nodes
up! Incidently, if anyone remembers - some time ago I mentioned
attempting to get access to the antenna tower on the old SES building in
South Melb. The bad news is, not only did I not get it, but they took
the tower down and threw it away, then constructed a new one (with all
different gear) only 20M away!

The fools! I could have put it to good use.

More news as it happens.

	Fenn.