[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: DWL-900AP and Linux

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
Tue Nov 26 07:09:43 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm not sure which Dlink AP you are referring to here.  I think there are a
few versions of the 900AP (not the AP+) - mine certainly has the Atmel
76C510 Atmel chip.  I think this will never run linux because there is no
data available on the chip without non-disclosure agreements.  From the two
page summary I have it seems to have two ARM cores in it, but very little
SRAM.

As for the OpenAP project, I've said before that I've got an SMC2632, but
the memory cards to flash the chips are very expensive (~$US70).  I'm
planning to build a circuit board to replace the SMD flash chip (080) with
two socketed PLCC flash chips (040) that I can program easily - this will be
cheap but I haven't got the time at the moment.  I want to run linux so I
can use them in Adhoc/Bridging mode.  If anyone else wants to discuss/do
this send me a mail.  Ralph, what sort of AP do you have?  If you want to
sell it let me know, I might be interested.

Cheers,
Tom

ps. you can see some of the guts of my AP at
http://www.wiresncode.com/projects/wireless/dlink/

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au