[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Dlink wishlist

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Fri Nov 22 14:29:27 EST 2002

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 Michael_Florence at dlink.com.au wrote:

> HQ would like more detail on this request.
>
> -Michael

I think the best thing would be a signal level meter for a client AP
either showing up in the management interface, available via SMNP, or as
an applet on the web interface, showing signal level to the AP.

Another thing that would be great, is that if the AP showed how much
signal/noise it is getting per connected client.

> Does anyone know of any plans for DLink to put some S/N ratio & link
> quality measurement facilities in their firmware/software for the 900AP+
> ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Vaskos
> -------

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----