[MLB-WIRELESS] Vote! 802.11g & 802.11b

Michael_Florence at dlink.com.au Michael_Florence at dlink.com.au
Fri Nov 22 14:11:42 EST 2002

As we understand it, the 802.11g standard is designed to be backward compatible
with 802.11b. There are two types of thinking on how this will happen.

Y) Some say the 802.11g standard will negotiate between modulation schemes of g
& b simultaneously on the same chipset.

Z) Others say that you only be able to run one mode at one time and require a
"dual chipset" device to run both b & g.

I am interested to see what the perception is out there, so my question to the
members is, are you Y or Z?

-Michael Florence
michael at dlink.com.au