[MLB-WIRELESS] Dlink dual band wireless

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Fri Nov 22 11:26:23 EST 2002

> I can send you the document (or a snapshot of that page) if
> you like. However at
> this stage it looks most of the major manufacturers who focus
> on volume stock,
> (which is priced within yours & my reach!)  are running with
> the lower side of
> the band.

Which is unfortunate for those of us looking to do high capacity short hop
links.

> There are some running 5.8, and the throughput is great. But
> due to the higher
> propagation loss of the 5.8Ghz signal and the maximum EIRP as
> set by the ACA,
> these are limited to distance. Many using 5.8 are using

I can imagine that.  Would be nice for very short hops though...  But as you
say, I wouldn't expect much range up there.

> proprietary modulation
> schemes and are not 802.11.

Ick!

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain