[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbourne Wireless Network and Commercial Network

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Wed Nov 20 13:15:12 EST 2002

Guys, we are satisfied with the current non-commercial definition as
released by the ACA last month. Under those definitions we are
non-commercial, and as such are exempt from the carrier license
requirement of the Telco Act.
BTW this was also the opinion of the Attorney Generals office when I spoke
to them last week, so I think we're pretty safe on this front!
The only issue that really remains, is exactly where do we fit in as far
as law enforcement is concerned. This is a matter for the AG's Dept, and
they will be getting back to me in the next few weeks to discuss further.
FYI their main concern relates to internet connectivity, so atm we are
considered a low risk anyway....
That being said, Karun, we'd certainly be interested in anything your
father has to say on the subject anyway... so thanks.

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au