[MLB-WIRELESS] ot a bit

Matthew Hill mhill at satlink.com.au
Mon Nov 18 15:23:17 EST 2002

Tony and all.

Thanks for your advice, and response. I tried your method, however that cut all links outside.
echo "   FWD: Allow all connections OUT and only existing and related ones IN"
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o $INTIF -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INTIF -o $EXTIF -j ACCEPT

i read the file and duplicated the above two lines replacing $intif with eth2 [the wireless card]

my adsl modem is a dlink with bult in client set at 192.168.0.1 the nic its connected to is dhcp from the modem and changes to outside ip like a ppp link would work. i found it easyier for routing to have local lan nic as 192.168.1.1 and wireless as 192.168.2.1.

with the setup now its all working 100%

Thanks