[MLB-WIRELESS] The Age Technology article

Drew drew at wireless.org.au
Sat Nov 16 19:29:17 EST 2002

It's not going to be much of a battle once .11g comes out...

http://80211b.weblogger.com/2002/11/14

"News.com notes futility of TI's 802.11b+ flavor:

This analysis connects the dots between the non-IEEE 22 Mbps flavor of
2.4 GHz networking TI included in its ACX100 chipset and the coming rise
of 802.11g. While TI has pledged support for this non-standard mode
(which uses its PBCC modulation to reach 22 Mbps) in new chipsets,
there's not much future for it as a separate technology. As I've noted
on several occasions in this blog, I believe it was unclear to
purchasers who new about 802.11g that the ACX100 chipset couldn't be
firmware upgradable to support it. This lack of clarity has little to do
with TI marketing or claims, but rather the long, long timetable to
reach 802.11g ratification."

-Drew