[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna Masts etc

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Mon Nov 11 10:06:07 EST 2002

Glen probably has one of the tallest masts to my knowledge.

It's a 15m guyed telescopic (5x3m) sitting on the ground and guyed to several
star pickets firmly in the ground.
He did have some pics up but they seems to be missing (http://www.wireless.org.au/~bchild).

My own mast is also a 15m telescopic however I've removed the 2 bottom sections
as I felt I didn't have enough space to guy it at full height.  I've mounted
it in the roof and guyed to screw eyes through roof beams.  It's approximatelly
12m's from the ground.
(http://www.alphalink.com.au/~sneeze/wireless/antenna-mast/)

...and for a bit of showing off....I actually did the entire mast install by
myself.....no silly BBQ and wireless nuts for me!