[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna Masts etc

Barry Park bpark at theage.fairfax.com.au
Sun Nov 10 22:36:16 EST 2002

Really, really, really, really bad pics of my pov antenna mast are at
http://wierless.bur.st. Troy (txrx) also took pics that day, so hopefully he
has better ones than I do.
I'd recommend that (i) you work out what sort of antenna mast you want (ii)
look carefully at how you want to fix it (iii) talk to someone who has a
clue about fixing antennas (iv) investigate alternatives to the way you want
to put it up and (v) hold a barbecue with lots of beer and food, and invite
lots of wireless people, when you want it put up.
All the above worked very well for me. I'm now about 8.5m (25 feet in the
old measure?) above ground level.
- Barry