[MLB-WIRELESS] Netgear MR314 and Airport fault - help...

Clae clae at barrelfullofmonkeys.org
Fri Nov 8 15:52:38 EST 2002

Hi Peter,

I saved this file from another mailing list;  it may offer some clues.

Clae.

From: PeterH5322 at aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:43:58 EST
Subject: Re: DSL router and Beige G3

In a message dated 2/20/02 4:56:18 PM, AYON2 at sc.rr.com writes:

<<
I also have a Netgear 314 and Love it. About tore all three of the hairs ,
that I have left, out at once trying to get it ReFlashed tho. Netgear gave
almost no help  ( they told me to get a PeeCee to flash it. ). Poor coverage
, but great product

Routers not fully supported in a Mac environment by their manufacturers can
sometimes be FLASHed using MacTFTP Client.

Start the MacTFTP Client application, state the address of the router, which
is usually 192.168.1.1, the router's password, and the name of the .BIN file
to be FLASHed, and go for it.

I obtained MacTFTP Client v.1.1 from:

http://homepage.mac.com/mactechnologies/.cv/mactechnologies/Public/mactftp%2Dc

lient%2D11%2Dppc.sit-binhex.hqx

Obtain the .BIN file from your router manufacturer's FTP site.

Always keep backup copies of your router's old .BIN files as sometimes the
new firmware releases are not fully debugged.

--
-the lord is my shepherd, I shall not want - aum namah shivayam -
allah u akhbar -