[MLB-WIRELESS] Netgear MR314 and Airport fault - help...

paterson at tassie.net.au paterson at tassie.net.au
Fri Nov 8 15:19:41 EST 2002

Hi folks,

Any advice on why my airport card no longer picks up my Netgear MR314? It
worked faultlessly for months, but no longer in various configurations of OS
9.2 or 10.1.

I have had the laptop and card serviced  and am assured it works fine.

Yesterday, I uploaded the latest Netgear firmware. After the router rebooted,
the airport card detected it for a while before it disappeared again. I
uploaded the firmware again. Same story. I uploaded again, no success at all.

The Netgear diagnostic browser and lights indicate no problem. I have reset it,
tried various channels, MAC protection on and off, WEP off - no joy. SSID
broadcast is always on.

I don't have another card to test the router, unfortunately, so it's hard to
say whether it or the airport card have some mysterious fault.

I would appreciate any advice.

Regards,
Bruce

paterson at tassie.net.au

This message was sent using Tas Access WebMail.
http://webmail.tassie.net.au/