[MLB-WIRELESS] Dlink 900+ firmware v2.3

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Thu Nov 7 15:08:19 EST 2002

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 darrend at ndpgroup.com.au wrote:

> Just incase you want it.... v2.3 firmware for the DWL-AP900+ is available
> on the dlink ftp
>
> ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/DWL900AP+/Firmware/dwl900AP+_firmware_230.exe
>
> Not sure if it fixes the recent security flaw, but it's firmware dated 29
> Sept 2002.
> Tested it on mine.... looks good so far...

Hello Darren,

Firstly - what security flaw? :) I purchased one of these units yesterday.
So far it's just sitting powered up, with the wired ethernet plugged in
only when I want to have a play with the config.

Also, where did you get the link from?
http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DWL-900AP+ says
(rather strongly) that you'll void your warranty if you use the firmware
on a device outside of the US. I'm hoping this is just a boilerplate scare
message, and Australians are permitted to use that update.

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe - Melbourne, Australia
www.camrecord.com  www.camdiscover.com  www.heyasl.com  www.sensationbot.com