[MLB-WIRELESS] Securing Access Point

TSwireless wireless at toysatellite.org
Thu Nov 7 09:45:36 EST 2002

Hello...

Wondering whether anyone can answer this very simple and probably
quite obvious question...

We are using a Lucent AP500 Point enabling access to a set number of
MAC addresses only.

I am using Freebase to configure the AP, adding MAC addresses as
required. Should we check the option, "Closed Wireless System"? I
can't find any documentation on this. The AP came without a manual. If
anyone knows of one online, might be just as easy to point me in that
direction.

Cheers,
Andrew

TS Wireless - Fitzroy                       wireless at toysatellite.org
Toy Satellite                   http://www.toysatellite.org/wireless/
This email is solely for the named addressee and may be confidential.