[MLB-WIRELESS] Some handy info on the enterasys card

Vincent Chin nukiez at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 23:40:30 EST 2002

Hi MW people,

I am not sure if this has been done, but I'll just post it up anyway.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~vincft/rmb.html

During redesign of my lowprofile antenna I notice the Enterasys card is
ultrasoniq welded. Thinking it's helded up that way, I took out my tiny
drill and drill off the welding. The card took little effort to disassemble
and the bare card is really easy to work on for antenna design.

Ignore the missing antenna jack and also the ugly antennas. They are very
early designs :P. Well I know nothing about lowprofile antenna.

I guess the semiconductors on the pics will be useful for those
hardware/software engineers out there to write better firmware/drivers for
our cards.

Haven't got time to learn how to use wiki yet :P
Credits goes to vak and other bulk managers who let everyone in MW
enjoy wireless networks.

Now no one steal my pics :P.
Vince.