[MLB-WIRELESS] TS Wireless Update + Securing Access Point

TSwireless wireless at toysatellite.org
Mon Nov 4 12:33:04 EST 2002

Dear friends,

TS Wireless has been quiet for some weeks now. Regrettably, we had two
major security breaches. Both related to the Access Point used to
maintain an internal wireless network.

__Securing Access Point

We are using a D-Link Access Point enabling access to a set number of
MAC addresses only.

I am using Freebase to configure the AP, adding MAC addresses as
required. Should we check the option, "Closed Wireless System"?

__TS Wireless network

The external network is back up after hardware problems on the gateway
server had it down for a few days last week.

If anyone is interested in relaying via us, you'll find location
details via

http://www.nodedb.com/australia/vic/melbourne/view.php?nodeid=163

I don't understand why our node, which to the best of my knowledge, is
fully operational has a big 'X' through it on the nodeDB.

It would be good to at least try a few connections as it was confirmed
last week that we have to vacate this building end of January 2003.

__Wireless streaming

Our streaming server is offline for the moment, but can be connected
should interest in a local network result in our participation.

----

Look forward to hearing from you...

Regards,
Andrew

TS Wireless - Fitzroy                       wireless at toysatellite.org
Toy Satellite                   http://www.toysatellite.org/wireless/
This email is solely for the named addressee and may be confidential.